Anthony Weiner, otherwise known by his online name, Carlos Danger, has found himself in hot water once again. Not the second time for a texting scandal, oh no, not even the third. Apparently, Mr. Weiner can’t keep his wiener to himself. This time he is accused of sexting with a 15-year-old girl in his fourth sexting scandal!
Carlos Danger’s Debut
It was 2011 when Carlos began to feel the danger. It revolved around a lewd photo posted on his Twitter account. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart caught a glimpse of the photo, describing it as a “bulging” crotch of a man.
Quickly, Danger redirected the media indicating that his Twitter account had been hacked, stating, “Look, this is a prank and not a terribly creative one.”
After hiring a lawyer and finally fessing up to sending the lewd photo, Anthony Weiner was going downhill fast. June 16, 2011, less than a month from when Breitbart exposed Weiner, he announced his resignation from Congress.
Carlos Danger Goes for New York
Skip ahead a couple of years and Anthony Weiner announces he’s going to run for mayor of New York City.
Only a few weeks later a gossip magazine starts the buzz of Carlos Danger being on the hunt again, allegedly sexting a woman during the summer, marring his mayoral reputation.
Carlos Danger Kills His Marriage
Anthony Weiner’s obsession with sexting has now cost him his marriage. Huma Abedin officially separated from her husband after his third sexting scandal came to light in late August, stating, “After long and painful consideration and work on my marriage, I have made the decision to separate from my husband. Anthony and I remain devoted to doing what is best for our son, who is the light of our life. During this difficult time, I ask for respect for our privacy.”
Carlos Danger and the FBI
If losing his career and marriage weren’t enough, Anthony Weiner now faces allegations from the FBI. Jill Westmoreland, the U.S. attorney for the Western District of North Carolina, announced to the public that an official investigation is underway.
A teenage girl, unnamed at the moment, told press that she had reached out to Weiner in early January via his Twitter account. She claims that the two corresponded with various texts and photos, and that Weiner was 100% aware of the young girl’s age.
Weiner recently released a statement addressing the allegations claiming he has, “likely been the subject of a hoax,” but added, “I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgment about the people I have communicated with online and the things that I have sent. I am filled with regret and heartbroken for those I have hurt.”
Weiner’s personal problems are also impacting the current political campaigns. In a statement, a spokeswoman for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump noted that Weiner donated $550 to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign last year.
“The announcement by the FBI and New York Police Department that they are investigating close Clinton ally Anthony Weiner’s inappropriate relationship with an underaged female is extremely disturbing,” Jessica Ditto said. “The Clinton campaign should immediately return all campaign contributions from Weiner. America has had enough of the sleaze that is Clinton, Inc.”
Anthony Weiner continues to face a long road ahead of him as the FBI scours phone records, personal emails and other correspondence from the marred congressman. The question is, will they find even more scandals within his personal information and how will this turn of events play out?