The Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean off East Africa. They are each known for their gorgeous coral reefs, sparking waters, rare wildlife, and prominent nature reserves. They’re also a favorite of beloved royals Will and Kate. In fact, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went there for their honeymoon.
Here are the top 7 reasons why you should follow them there.
1. It’s considered one of the most romantic escapes in the world. As evidenced by Kate and Will’s choosing it for their honeymoon. With its pristine beaches and spectacular natural scenery, it is a beautiful locale for romance.
2. It’s easy. No vaccinations or visas are required to visit The Seychelles.
3. It’s a safe travel destination. The Seychelles is known for being a very safe destination to visit. Not only does it have a low crime rate, but there are also few adverse weather conditions to worry about.
4. There is plenty of amazing food to enjoy. The Seychelles is known for exquisite seafood, stews, curries, and Creole cooking.
5. Beautiful, clear, calm waters. These tranquil waters are the perfect place for swimming, diving and snorkeling, and enjoying natural ocean beauty.
6. All Year is Summer. The ultimate reason to visit the Seychelles is that, no matter the time of year, you are sure to be greeted by temperatures averaging somewhere between 75 and 88 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. They take their conservation very seriously. Both the government and private companies are dedicated to preserving the Seychelles’ natural beauty, specifically the rare Giant Aldabra Tortoises.