2017 marks a new year of possibilities, life changes, and accomplishing one’s dreams. For some, that means finally taking the plunge and fulfilling their desire to meet the wild face to face and going on a safari. So what are the best places to see those elusive creatures? Here are the top places for New Year Safari adventures:
- Botswana – Chobe National Park, situated along the Okavango Delta. Chobe offers a broad range of gaming options along its sparkling blue rivers. Viewings include wild dogs, cheetahs, and even the brown hyena.
- Kenya – Masai Mara National Reserve is one of Africa’s most famous reserves offering rolling grasslands, scattered woodlands and a plethora of wildlife.
- Namibia – Etosha National Park provides visitors with rugged coastlines, stilted treetop campsites, some of Africa’s tallest elephants and, if you’re lucky, a peek at a few endangered rhinos.
- Uganda – Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Reserve offers a beautiful backdrop of mountains, jagged valley ways, and the country’s majestic mountain gorillas.
- Zimbabwe – Hwange National Park offers world-famous elephants, lush highlands, and semi-arid deserts to enjoy while taking in the beauty that is Zimbabwe.
Prices vary based on location, excursion type and duration of stay; however, one can expect to pay between $800 to $1,000 per person. A small cost for marking one of your items off your bucket list and ringing in the new year with style. As with any travel destination, keep a look out for upcoming discounts and package deals to get the most out of your excursion. Many parks will be offering holiday incentives to boost tourism in the new year, so if you are planning a safari, now is the time to start looking for the best deal!